First things first, since we live in Arizona and the temperatures really go up, up and up to 120F. We should not get outside. The less exposure to the sun the better for our skin. If you can not help it, sunglasses, hats and clothes are good to protect yourself. Avoid the intense heat of the sun from 10am in the morning to 4pm in the afternoon.
- Infants less than 6 months should be protected from the sunlight. put them under an umbrella or under a shade. You can apply some sunscreen to small areas of their body such as the hands, face and feet.
- Make sure to put on sunblock on children with sun exposure, hats and sunglasses are a must.
- Get a sunblock which reads "broad-spectrum" this means it is good coverage for ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B with at least an SPF(sun protection factor) of 15.
- Make sure to reapply the sunblock every hour, especially when they swim or they sweat a lot
- Minimize sun exposure by swimming before 10am and after 4pm,
- Cloudy days only reduce the UV rays by only 20%-40% of the time, kids still need to wear sunblock.
Start the kids with good habits and they will grow up to be adults with good habits. enjoy your summer and be safe!