- runny nose
- watery eyes/conjunctivitis
- erythematous maculopapular rash
- Koplik's spot (rash noticed in the inner cheek area)
- ear infections
- encephalitis (Infection of the brain)
- subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) a rare degenerative central nervous disease characterized by behavioral and intellectual deterioration and seizures
The only natural hosts of the measles are humans and is transmitted by direct contact with infectious oral droplets. Incubation period is from 8 to 12 days from exposure to onset of symptoms. There is a specific antibody test for measles IgM antibody to test for the infection.
There is no specific treatment for measles, it is mostly symptomatic . The vaccine is most most effective in preventing this from occurring.
Resource: cdc.gov and the redbook